Being in my early 30’s, I try to incorporate as many anti-aging skin products as I can into my skincare routine. We’re all going to age and get wrinkles at some point in our lives, and while I’m ok with that reality, I do believe in aging gracefully by using preventative products that might slow down or stop the effects of aging on my skin. I always get complimented on my skin and people say that I look younger than I actually am, so I hope this means my efforts are working. Hope you guys give try out these products and let me know if there are any products you swear by and think I should give a try.
Best Anti-Aging Products you need to use in your early 30’s
1. Image Skincare Vital C Hydrating Anti-Aging Serum: This product grabbed my attention well before I starting using it. Why? Because it includes 2 of my favorite words in its name: Vitamin C and Anti-aging. Vitamin C is one of the best ingredients for protecting skin against environmental damage, signs of stress and fatigue. It also helps boost collagen, brightens skin and works as an antioxidant for your skin by protecting against oxidative damage.
This serum hydrates my skin just as it should and my skin drinks it up – it’s basically orange juice for your skin. It’s also gentle on my skin while it definitely softened the appearance of my fine lines.
I was introduced to Image Skincare about a year ago while they were in San Diego for a skincare convention and I had a chance to meet their team at a brunch. They are a clinical skincare brand, powered by safe, proven ingredients and smart botanicals.
The brand has already gained cult status in the beauty industry and won a bunch of awards. It was started by an aesthetician, formulated by a plastic surgeon, and they are represented by a network of 20,000 skincare professionals in over 52 countries worldwide. I’m loving their slogan ‘Age Later’ because all of their products are for protecting skin and keep it younger looking.
My estheticians at Urban Skincare in San Diego use their products as well. I highly recommend you guys check out their products. I definitely want to check out their other products too.
2. Urban Decay Collagen-Infused Complexion Prep Firming Spray: This collagen spray has become a staple in my skincare routine since I started using it. I’m really interested in collagen everything nowadays and planning to write a blog post soon about the benefits of collagen.
I use this spray in the morning and night, after my toner/essence, before face serum. It was mainly made to be used a makeup primer or setting spray, but I use it as a part of my skincare routine because of the collagen effect. It’s very refreshing, hydrates and smoothes out my skin pretty good.
I haven’t used it as a makeup primer or setting spray yet since I already have a lot of other similar products and also because I’m obsessed with Urban Decay’s all nighter makeup setting spray, but I’ll probably use it for all of the above next time I travel!
I also love that there are no parabens in this product and it’s infused with botanical extracts of chia seed (a rich source of antioxidant vitamin E), centella (an ancient healing herb), and chameleon plant.
3. Babor Refine Cellular A16 Booster Concentrate: With an expensive price tag, this serum contains the active ingredient Retinew A16, which is similar to Retinol. It claims to smooth the skin’s surface, gives a more even appearance and to gives you a renewed and fresher feeling. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and I can see the glow and wrinkles fading a little bit on my face. It’s one of those products you need to be consistent with in order to see results and still cheaper compared to some famous retinol products in the market.
4. Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate: If you’re a long time reader, you know I wrote about this serum a little over a year ago and still swear by it. Serums can give you more than 80% of the moisture you would normally get from a moisturizer, which can be a HUGE GAME CHANGER if you’re a frequent flyer. We all know that dry skin is one the worst enemies for aging skin and flights and dry weather dries our skin too.
I love that this serum includes one of my favorite power food ingredients, Turmeric extract, in addition to the other [20+1] potent plant extracts. Turmeric has benefits on the skin like controlling excess oil while maintaining a healthy glow, soothing skin, fades the appearance of dark spots and many more. Read THIS BLOG POST for a full review on this product.
5. Image SkinCare PREVENTION+ daily ultimate protection moisturizer SPF 50: Not your typical moisturizer. It doubles as a high-level sunscreen that offers effective protection against damaging UVA/UVB rays. I’m a big advocate of using an extra SPF product if your moisturizer doesn’t include it. Especially if you’re living in sunny parts of the world like California, Florida, St. Tropez or Mallorca :), you have to be using products that help decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun, and this product does exactly that.
It’s not enough to use an SPF 50 only at the beach or during sports activities anymore, I use it every morning obsessively- even when I’m indoors, in my car or in a plane.
This product is super gentle that it’s also recommended for post-treatment skin. The blend of plant stem cells and potent antioxidants it includes, help protect skin against the effects of radical damage caused by environmental exposure, which is a similar way to the Vitamin C serum I mentioned earlier works. It’s also paraben free and active ingredients are 9% Zinc oxide, 7.5% Octinoxate and 5% Octisalate.
The products mentioned in this post were provided by brands as a gift. I was not paid for my reviews in this post except the Clarins article I wrote a year ago.