If you are a long time reader, then you know that your girl loves her coffee. I always get asked about my favorite coffee shops in San Diego, so I’m finally sharing my top 7 coffee shops in San Diego 🙂
- James Coffee in Little Italy: Definitely my favorite coffee place in San Diego aka the ultimate hipster warehouse. Great coffee, quirky ambiance, very spacious, – not too small or always packed like many other coffee shops. I’m also kind of obsessed with the high ceilings and large metal tables! If you know me on a personal level, then you know that owls are my spirit animal. Their logo is an owl, so I’m 100% positive that this played a big role in me checking out this coffee shop, and I ended up loving it! They have other stores in the same warehouse, such as a sunglasses store, a barber, and even a bike shop! Their almond chocolate croissant is epic, and they have macarons now too!
- Coffee & Tea Collective in Downtown San Diego: If you’re into white, clean and minimalist interior design with good lighting, then this one might be your new favorite. I haven’t had a chance to visit their North Park location yet, but I go to their downtown shop pretty often.
- Communal Coffee in North Park: If you’ve seen pictures of a coffee shop with a cute wall that says ‘Coffee + Flowers’ and the prettiest flower shop ever (Native Poppy), then you’re probably already familiar with Communal Coffee. Good coffee and yummy pastries but they sell out quickly, so go early and get their honey lavender latte!
I also recommend signing up for their rewards program since they send good coupons! I’ve been receiving coupons for 50% off any latte and I ’m taking advantage of them!
I tend to visit this coffee shop whenever I’m in North Park and need to take a break before I head back home or take a cheeky trip to Fashion Valley 🙂 It’s also one of my favorite coffee shops to get work done at! And I love browsing their little shop. From cute Frida Kahlo or avocado related gifts, I always end up touching and admiring every piece they selected for the cute shop section in the space.
They also have hanging green terrariums on their white walls which bumps up the hipster interior design.
- Revolution Roasters in Oceanside: I discovered this coffee shop while I was looking for a cute meeting place when I lived in North Carlsbad, which was on the Oceanside border. Great coffee, great staff, a super cute outdoor area, and easy parking. Now that I don’t live North Country anymore, I definitely miss Revolution Roasters. I make sure to stop by every time I’m in the area.
- Cafe Virtuoso in Barrio Logan: Discovered this coffee shop years ago after having a bad day and decided to check out this coffee shop which was on my list. And yes I always have a list of coffee shops to check out – I have lists for everything 🙂 Besides, exploring a different neighborhood or a new coffee shop makes me happier and elevates my mood, so I try to do that when I’m having a bad day or just need some inspiration.
One of the things I love about this coffee shop is that don’t have to spend that much time trying to finding a parking spot. As much as I love downtown, East Village or North Park, some days I just don’t have the time nor patience for the parking struggle. This spot is super cute and their coffee and pastries are some of the best in San Diego! Great coffee shop if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown and looking for a quiet and hidden gem!
- Copa Vida in East Village: A very popular coffee shop amongst local bloggers, this one has a spacious patio and great lunch options. Since I shoot a lot in East Village, I always have to grab a coffee there before shoots. I love their Grilled Cheese Sandwich, and their salads and breakfast menu is pretty good too. Another good spot for getting work done with a pretty view of East Village – love the big windows – and good lighting. Tends to get crowded though, so just a friendly warning 🙂
- Dark Horse Coffee Roasters in Golden Hill: First of all, how chic and stylish is their logo? Love! Their Golden Hill location is my fav! Super small but friendly and cozy ambiance, combined with great coffee. Cute tiny tables are great for taking coffee or flatlay pictures. Definitely recommend checking out this one! Perfect for first dates or people watching 🙂