When in doubt, wear a slip dress! We all have those days when we don’t look into our closet full of clothes and still feel like we have nothing to wear.
This scenario happens to me once a week and I usually pick a Topshop slip dress like the one I’m wearing in the photos. It’s a must have staple!
Tips to style slip dresses:
- If you’re short like me, stick to nude heeled booties to give the illusion of longer legs. These ones from JustFab go with almost everything in my closet. I got them two years ago but I’ll make sure to link similar ones below.
- A hat will add the stylish effect that every girl needs. Since the vibe of this look is California summer/fall-ish I opted for a straw boater hat. Still obsessed with this hat from Lack of Color. Adds a touch of cute to all outfits.
- A fun printed purse, preferably one with emojis, spices up your simple slip dress. It’s a perfect chance to wear that crazy print bag that you can’t style with any of your graphic t-shirts or floral pants.
- Don’t forget to accessorize! Chic pieces in golden or silver tones gives the look a pretty feminine touch.
- Slip dresses are very versatile. They are perfect for going day-to-night as well. I wear slip dresses with straw hats and emoji purses on relaxing Sundays and I also wear them to grab drinks with my girlfriends. Just add a leather jacket and black strappy sandals or studded pumps to achieve an edgy sexy look.
P.S.: How cute is this Mondrian mural painted in Mondrian composition II? It’s one of my new discoveries in Los Angeles.
Sunglasses: urban outfitters emma
Buy my dress or browse similar ones.
The booties that I’m wearing are sold out but explore similar ones below.
My purse was a gift and I don’t know where it’s from but I selected some of the print bags that I’m currently obsessed with for you.
My necklace is still available at UO. You can get it by clicking the first link below or browse other similar necklaces that I picked.
The hat that I’m wearing is from Lack of Colour and it’s linked below along with some similar styles.